Buy krugerrand gold coins for the best price. Checkout our krugerrand coin collection below.
Krugerrand GOLD COIN
1/2 oz Lunar III Mouse Plata (2020)€12.63
Howling Wolves 3/4oz Plata 2016From €15.77
1 oz Athenian Owl | Plata | 2017From €19.28
1 oz Kangaroo Plata (2020)From €19.43
1 oz Krugerrand 2020 PlataFrom €19.48
1 oz Plata Maple Leaf 2020From €19.57
1 oz Vienna Philharmonic 2020 PlataFrom €19.67
1 oz Britannia 2020 PlataFrom €19.98
The Krugerrand gold coin
The Krugerrand gold coin is minted in Soutch Africa by the Rand refinery and the South African Mint. It was first minted on the 3rd of July 1967. The Krugerrand is the worlds most traded gold coin. Because of its popularity investors often choose to buy krugerrand coins over other well know coins. It was named after South Africa’s former president Paul Kruger, who is also visible on the front of the Krugerrand. The iconic and unique orange color of the Krugerrand coin comes from the copper insight the coin. The gold coin exists of 91.67% pure gold that is minted from gold alloy. The remaining 8.33% of the coin is copper. Copper alloy coins, such as the Krugerrand, are much harder and durable than gold coins that are silver-alloyed. This makes the coins also more resistant against scratches and dents. The reverse depicts a springbok, which is the national animal of South Africa. The image was designed by Coert Steynberg and was also used on the former South African five shilling coin.
The production levels of the Krugerrands varied since its initial launch in 1967. In its early years investors bought around 40,000 Krugerrands, while in 1974 en 1978 more than 7 million coins were sold. If you choose to buy krugerrands from a random year, the chances are high you will receive coins from those years.
How much does a krugerrand weight?
The krugerrand weight of a 1 oz gold coin is 33,93 g which equals 1.0909 troy ounce. The coin is minted from 91.67% pure gold (22 karats) and contains 1 oz (31.1035 g of gold). The remainder of the coin contains copper, bringing the total kruggerand coin weight to 33.93 gram.
How much does a krugerrand cost?
The current krugerrand price for a 1oz gold coin today is From €1,461.09. The krugerrand value varies based on the current gold price. Kruggerand gold coins can have higher premiums depending on the year they are minted. The worth of a krugerrand gold coin is usually higher for older years.
How to buy krugerrand gold coins?
You can buy krugerrand gold coins on Bitgild with several payments methods. After a successful payment your krugerrands will be delivered with insured transport to your doorstep. You can buy krugerrand with Credit card, banktransfer, iDeal and even with Bitcoin.
Buy krugerrand online