Updated on March 21st 2019
Scope and Consent
What is “personally identifiable information”?
“Personally Identifiable Information” (hereinafter: “Personal Data”) is any information that can be used to identify that person. An example of identifiable information is a person’s phone number.
What kind of Personal Data do we collect?
We may collect Personal Data from Users when Users visit our Site, register on the Site, place an order, fill out a form, subscribe to the newsletter and in connection with other activities or services we make available on our Site.
When a User visits our Site we may collect the following Personal Data:
• IP address
• Email address (e.g. when you subscribe to our newsletter)
• Name (e.g. when you submit a support request)
When a User places an order on our Site, we may collect the following Personal Data:
• Email address
• Billing & mailing address
• Phone number
In line with our internal compliance policy, Users may be asked to provide proof of their identity. We use a GDPR compliant third party (https://www.yoti.com/ ) for identity verification.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and other similar information.
Sensitive or special categories of Personal Data
We do not process any sensitive Personal Data, such as religion, race, ethnicity and/or political views.
Why do we collect Personal Data?
We collect and use Personal Data to:
• Process orders.
When a User places and pays an order, we need Personal Data to process the order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
• Provide customer support.
When a User requests support, we use Personal Data (name, email address, order information) to contact the User and to help answering the request.
• Personalize user experience.
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
• Improve our Site.
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
• Administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
• To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
• Send periodic emails
• Compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
How we protect and store Personal Data
• We use computer safeguards such as firewalls, password hashing and data encryption.
• We authorize access to Personal Data only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
In case of a data breach, we will notify he supervisory authorities and the affected data subjects when required.
How long we store Personal Data
The following outlines the different uses and storage times for Personal Data that we collect:
• Order fulfilment: Personal Data is stored so you can view your order history and for our internal compliance policy. For our internal compliance policy we store order fulfilment information at least two years. You may request to remove order fulfilment information of orders older than two years.
• Newsletters: Personal Data is stored only when you are an active subscriber.
• Support requests. Personal Data is stored for five years, so we can improve our support based on your past inquiries.
• Anonymous Site visitors. Personal Data is used to improve the Site performance. Personal Data from anonymous Site visitors is stored for one month.
How we share Personal Data with third parties
We may share your Personal Data with:
• Service providers that help with our business operations (shipping, identity verification, accounting, etc).
• Payment providers, to enable you to pay on our Site.
We will make sure that the third parties have appropriate internal controls in place to protect any Personal Data that might be shared.
How you can control your Personal Data
You can access, update, download or delete your Personal Data on our Site, after logging in with your account information.
if you have agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in the email.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What are cookies
What type of cookies do we use
We use the following cookies on our Site:
• First party functional cookies, to ensure that the Site works correctly (e.g. login, shopping cart and language preference cookies).
• First party analytical cookies, to improve our Site performance
• Third party functional cookies, to allow chat support and Site and Product reviews
Changes to this policy
We may amend this policy at any time by posting a revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective at the time we post it. Iff the revised version includes any substantial changes to the manner in which your Personal Data will be processed, we will provide you with 30 days prior notice by posting notification of the change on our website.